Unwrella is now available in version 2.10 for Autodesk 3ds Max.
This new version of Unwrella enhances the plug-in’s functionality with optional automatic seam placements based on the mesh’s topology. Depending your specific requirements you can add seems in grooves of your mesh where they won’t be seen or you can add seams to ridges on the surface to assist with shapes that have hard angles, for example architectural meshes.
Changes in Unwrella 2.10:
- Added support for Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 and Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011.
- Added the option to place automatic seams at grooves in the mesh where they are better hidden.
- Added the option to place automatic seams at ridges in the mesh to provide clear cuts for hard surface models.
- Source map channel from which seams are kept can now be different to target channel. This allows you to create multiple different unwraps for your mesh with ease.
- Simplified user interface to make using the plug-in even more intuitive.
- Enhanced unwrap results for specific cases. This results in less fragmentation of coherent surfaces.
The Unwrella unwrapping plug-in for Autodesk 3ds Max 9, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 is now available for sale and as a freely downloadable trial version on its homepage: https://www.unwrella.com
Edit for Maya users:
A corresponding new version of Unwrella for Autodesk Maya has now been released, too.
Unwrella was developed for the high demands of graphics designers in real world production environments and provides a fast, simple and reliable unwrapping solution. It is the first tool of this kind on the market, allowing the unwrapping of 3d models to be done with a single mouse click while simultaneously providing optimal results that combine the minimized texture stretching of automated unwrapping techniques with the efficient space utilization and chunk distribution of UV space that is achieved with manual pelt wrapping methods. This allows users to quickly solve complex tasks like the creation of seamless 3d models, more accurate lightmaps and productive subsequent processing of the UV maps in other 3d applications like ZBrush or Mudbox.
Unwrella is compatible with:
- 3D Studio MAX 9 32 bit
- 3D Studio MAX 9 64 bit
- 3D Studio MAX 2008 32 bit
- 3D Studio MAX 2008 64 bit
- 3D Studio MAX 2009 32 bit
- 3D Studio MAX 2009 64 bit
- 3D Studio MAX 2010 32 bit
- 3D Studio MAX 2010 64 bit
- 3D Studio MAX 2011 32 bit
- 3D Studio MAX 2011 64 bit
- Maya 8.5 32 bit
- Maya 8.5 64 bit
- Maya 2008 32 bit
- Maya 2008 64 bit
- Maya 2009 32 bit
- Maya 2009 64 bit
- Maya 2010 32 bit
- Maya 2010 64 bit
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 installed
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista (32bit and 64bit)
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c (August 2008)
3d-io games & video production GmbH is specialised company for high-end software development, modeling, animation, rendering, CG effects and 3D industrial design. 3d-io GmbH, headquartered in Wiesbaden, Germany, has an established strong presence in game development, design & video production, digital content creation as well as in graphics and animation. We are dedicated to provide easy-to-use software products accompanied by dedicated support team, experienced programmers and top notch 3D artists. Our latest product on the gaming market was nominated for the German Game Developers Award 2008 in best graphics category, and CG products are used by many famous Game and Design Studios worldwide.